The Amos Claudius Sawyer Foundation
Most of the work may be carried out remotely. But extraordinarily qualified candidates from around the country will also be considered for remote work.
The Amos Claudius Sawyer Foundation is a dynamic, growing international direct service and advocacy nonprofit organization. The Amos Claudius Sawyer Foundation is seeking a highly effective grants writer/ manager with a minimum of 2-4 years of development/fundraising experience and a proven track record of successfully raising funds to join the team. The person in this role will identify potential government, foundation, and corporate funders, research and write proposals, grants, and reports, and with the support of the Executive Director/Founder, strategize the best engagement opportunities for each funder. The position will also handle all administrative and reporting aspects of grants management, in conjunction with the Executive Director, who will lead the preparation of financial reports. Direct experience in grant writing, grant management, donor solicitation, and donor relations is required.
We are open to candidates who are interested in a part-time or Freelance Contract, reporting to the Executive Director/Founder. There is an option to have some flexibility on the number of hours to be worked each week.
Working closely with the Executive Director/Founder, the Grants Manager will:
· Conduct prospect research and analyze opportunities to identify new private and public grant funding sources, including government agencies, foundations (including family foundations), and private sector donors.
· Research, write, pitch, and submit high-quality grant proposals. Support the development and submission of financial and programmatic progress reports to funders. Work with the Executive Director and managers to obtain substantive details for the applications.
· Support the design and implementation of development and fundraising activities of the organization to increase donations from both unrestricted and restricted sources.
· Maintain digital grant records, and grants calendar, monitor grant and contract reporting and compliance, and manage grant data and gift processing and acknowledgment in MS Excel.
· Lead the Amos Claudius Sawyer Foundation grant reporting to donors.
· Collaborate with the Communications team to increase our social marketing partnerships with companies and brands, and online promotional materials for the organization that relate to fundraising.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have as many as possible of the following:
· At least 2 years of full-time, successful grant writing and fundraising experience, comfort, and skill in asking individuals, organizations, and institutions for money.
· Significant work experience and/or a bachelor’s or associate degree in a relevant field (Political Science, Social Work, Public Health, International Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Education, etc.) is required. A related graduate or professional degree is a plus.
· An excellent writer, with strong written and verbal communications skills for a variety of audiences, and research and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of philanthropic landscape, grant writing, and prospect research, and the principles and ethics of fundraising and emerging trends.
· Experience with CRM/donor management software.
· Stellar organizational multi-tasking skills, proven ability to manage multiple projects, and an ability to meet tight deadlines without fail.
· Experience handling confidential materials and information with discretion.
· Proven ability to collaborate professionally and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
· Must be able to work independently, use a high degree of judgment, and make sound independent decisions.
· Collaborative team player with an outgoing, engaging personality.
· A demonstrated commitment to, and passion for, the Amos Claudius Sawyer Foundation's mission and goals.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
· Occasionally travel to attend meetings, conferences, and other organizational events.
· Frequently communicates with staff, donors, volunteers, and clients and must be able to exchange accurate information in these interactions.
· This is a Free- Lance Contract (1099) position. The exact hours per week are subject to negotiation.
· Starting annual salary range is $50,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
All interested candidates kindly email resume to: email@example.com
Amos Claudius Sawyer Foundation
5425 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 600 Chevy Chase MD 20815
Broad Street Monrovia, Liberia West Africa
Tel: +1 202 909 0794|+231 77 022 8154